Monday, September 19, 2011

You gotta believe!

You know, the number of pessimists in the world has increased. The number of people who don't believe in anything has increased. The number of those who believe only their belief is right has increased. And quite frankly, it pisses me off.

I think it is time for a change. A change from within ourselves. Stop saying that someone else's belief is wrong. So what if someone doesn't believe in God, or a god. That is his/her belief. They believe that there isn't a god. On the flip side, stop saying that people who believe in God, or a god, are wrong. People are entitled to their own opinions, even if you feel that it is wrong. By confronting them, all you do is create conflict, and thereby do more damage than you realize. By creating conflict, you waste time, energy, and you pit your beliefs against each other.

I believe in God, and Jesus, but I'm not gonna say my religion is perfect. I've seen the problems that exist within the religion, but I have also seen the problems that exist outside of my religion. I don't want to waste my time fighting against your beliefs because I have no intention of EVER CHANGING my beliefs. However, I don't want to force my beliefs down anyone else's throats. I'll admit, I'm not perfect, but I don't go out of my way for conflict. Look at how divided we are. United we stand, divided we fall. We must learn to agree to disagree.

Beliefs are magical and powerful things. Even if what you believe in isn't. I believe in myself, that I will succeed. But I also know I will fall, fail, and possibly even give up. But as long as I believe that I will succeed, I can keep going. I have faith in myself, thereby, I give myself the power and energy to keep going. Because of faith in myself. Or in God. Or whatever belief you believe in. When you believe in something, it grants you strength. To continue, to fight, to build, to simply do.

The issue comes down to the fact people don't believe in things any more. I know a great deal of people who don't believe in themselves, and thereby never attempt to do something. They always stay in the same place, afraid to step forward and challenge the world. You Gotta Believe! This song always makes me feel badass. Maybe it'll help you out if you're feeling down. Princes of the Universe.

So come on. Keep going. Go kick some asses, succeed in what you set out to do. Don't let yourself get down. You only lose when you quit.

No comments:

Post a Comment